Robert D. Paulbeck, Attorney at Law
Free Consultations

August 2017 Archives

3 questions when a court considers parental relocation

When you and your ex have a child together, you may lose your freedom to just move anywhere that you desire. For longer moves -- more than 100 miles -- you may need to ask the court for permission for a parental relocation. After all, the move could take the child almost entirely out of your ex's life if he or she is not also going to move.

Is SSDI forever? When you are required to qualify again

Shelby had an outstanding work ethic. She got her first job at 13 and had worked consistently ever since. She enjoyed working and had been raised to take care of herself. Even after her divorce, when her ex refused to make his child support payments, she was always able to provide for her family. But when her youngest child was killed in a car accident, Shelby started to falter.